If you’ve fallen in love with a pair of running shoes, only to find out that they only come in bright white or neon colors rather than the solid black that you prefer, then this review should help you find your perfect pair.
The following ten shoes are not only some of the best running shoes you’ll find for performance, comfort, and safety, but they also come with an all-black color option.
Whether you find it difficult to keep other colors clean, or you just want a shoe that can go with you from the office to the track, these are all viable options.
Top 3 Best and Favorites
Best Stability Shoe
Brooks Adrenaline GTS 19
Best All Black Stability Running Shoe
Brooks Adrenaline GTS 19
Brooks Adrenaline GTS 19 is a pair that’s known for its stylish color options, but it also has a plain black version that looks just as sleek. Brooks places its focus with this shoe on daily training over speed, giving you a cushioning interior paired with a durable exterior.
This shoe is best for flat feet to medium arches. The heel-to-toe design offers a smooth transition that works with your foot movements for a natural feel as you run.
The guide rail design will keep your foot where it needs to be to prevent pain and injury, which is ideal for overpronators. The new guide rails also keep the shoe lightweight and allow for better durability.
The shoes have more bulkiness on the inside than the outside, but in a beneficial way that lends extra comfort and support to the shoe without intruding on your movements and keeping the shoe aerodynamic.
- Plush lining that comforts and helps support the foot and ankle
- Excellent traction in various conditions
- Streamlined mesh brings style and breathability to the shoe
- Comfortable heel cushion that cradles to prevent slippage
- Tall heel may be uncomfortable for some
- May not handle speed well, as they’re a bit stiff
Most Cushioned All Black Running Shoe
Asics Gel-Nimbus 20
The Asics Gel-Nimbus 20 is a newest model in the Gel-Nimbus line that promises improved comfort and fit from previous versions. It seems that Asics stands up to its promise, giving the shoe extra cushioning and a snug, cradling fit to keep your feet in the ideal position for supreme comfort.
These shoes are an excellent choice for those with low to high arches. They provide reliable arch support, coupled with a midsole that not only stabilizes the foot but also returns some of your energy to you for some extra bounce.
The heel clutching system will keep your foot from slipping in the shoe, while the rear and front gel cushioning give you added comfort where you need it most.
- Midsole gives the shoes an excellent amount of bounce and responsiveness
- Plenty of cushion, thanks to the front and rear gel spots
- Lightweight and aerodynamic
- Excellent choice for low to high arch runners
- Some runners say that this shoe runs narrower than others they’re used to
- The updated version has a more restricted toe area
- May have an extended break-in period
Best Black Asics Stability Running Shoe
Asics GT-2000 7
Like other Asics, the GT-2000 6 doesn’t fail to impress even the most experienced runners. This shoe is one of Asics most supportive, specially made for those with flat feet or who overpronate.
You’ll find that this shoe is slightly less cushioned than other Asics, but that’s because of the high level of support it provides to your feet and ankles. This version, though, is surprisingly streamlined for its impressive number of stabilizing features.
The DuoMax support system throughout the shoe gives ultimate motion control without adding extra weight. The Guidance Line midsole keeps your feet in an ideal position for safety, while the toe and heel cushioning gel give just the right amount of support while still allowing your foot to move comfortably.
- Lightweight despite its stabilizing features
- May be one of the best choices for overpronators and flat-footed runners
- Lace eyelets help relieve some tension caused by laces on long runs
- Responsive cushioning enables you to recycle your energy
- Many customers say there is no need to use custom inserts with these shoes because of adequate cushioning within the shoe
- Too much support for medium to high arches
- May require an extended break-in period
Top Cushioned All Black Asics Support Shoe
Asics Gel-Kayano 25
Asics Gel-Kayano 25 is similar to the Gel-Nimbus 20, yet gives your feet more support and stability. If there’s one thing you’ll notice with this shoe, it’s probably that it feels like it will stand up to some intense wear and tear.
The Gel-Kayano 25 doesn’t sacrifice comfort for durability, though. Instead, you’ll still benefit from Asics’ FLYTEFOAM midsole and rear and forefoot gel cushioning for some extra padding and support where you need it on your run.
This shoe keeps overpronated and flat feet in safe positioning with the heel clutch system and DuoMax support design that stabilized the feet without adding extra weight to the shoe.
The upper has been completely redesigned in version 25. It’s soft with some added flex. Also new is an updated version of FLYTEFOAM for weight reduction and responsiveness.
- Shock-absorbing technology helps you get some of your energy back into every step
- Lightweight, especially for such a durable shoe
- Excellent durability
- Shoe runs narrow, even in wide widths
- Midsole can be stiff, making long wear uncomfortable for some
- Some customers state that the shoe awkwardly rubs their ankles
Best Motion Control All Black Running Shoe
Brooks Addiction 13 (Men’s only)
If you’re a runner who needs the most arch support possible, then you might want to check out the Brooks Addiction 13. This shoe has a 12mm midsole drop that supports arches where you need it to while giving you a more natural motion on your run.
Some say that this shoe provides so much stability and comfort that it can even be used as an everyday shoe, especially for those on their feet for long work shifts.
For runners, this shoe can provide excellent motion control to keep your feet and ankles positioned adequately, preventing injury and pain. The progressive rollbar structure controls overpronation and gives you a more natural gait during your ride.
- May help combat and prevent future symptoms of plantar fasciitis
- Most users can comfortably fit orthotic insoles in these shoes
- Simple, non-flashy design
- Segmented crash pad design to smooth transitions between the heel and toe
- Some customers say that the toe area is too narrow in these shoes
- The massive midsole drop could be uncomfortable for some
- Slightly on the heavy side
Best Made in the USA All Black Running Shoe
New Balance 990v4
The New Balance 990v4 is one on the higher end of the New Balance price spectrum, but the all-black running shoe is one of the company’s most loved for its comfortable inner sole, supportive fit, and long-term durability. It’s also one of the few shoes that are manufactured in America.
New Balance 990v4 running shoes are a go-to pair for people suffering from foot pain and problems. Those who have had foot surgery or have severe pain from other foot and ankle issues tend to choose these shoes for their ample support and corrective positioning.
New Balance uses its ENCAP midsole technology to provide the right amount of stability with excellent cushioning to keep your arch supported. Combined with ACTEVA LITE foam cushioning, you’ll feel the inner sole conform to every move for a comfortable ride.
- Comes in various widths to meet your sizing needs
- Extra supportive for people with joint pain, plantar fasciitis, and other foot problems
- Lace keeper makes laces stay in place during movement so that the tongue doesn’t shift on your runs
- Manufactured in the United States
- These shoes do look bulkier than others, which can be a turnoff for some
- Somewhat heavy feel
- May have a moderate break-in period
Top Lightweight All Black Running Shoe
New Balance Zante 4
New Balance’s Zante series is built for speed and endurance. This shoe may provide a bouncy, responsive run while preventing runner fatigue from weight and bulk.
The Zante 4 is an upgraded version from its predecessors, with a blown rubber outsole for better grip, extra flexibility in the forefront of the shoe, and better support in the mid-foot.
One of the best features of this shoe is its no-sew construction that leaves no room for worn-down, ripped seams. Additionally, the materials work together to hug your foot with a sock-like fit, rather than supporting your feet with extra materials that leave the shoes feeling bulky.
- Engineered, breathable mesh upper
- Shoe adapts to the shape of the runner’s foot, for a firm support system that doesn’t feel bulky
- Fresh Foam midsole for a snappy but cushioned ride
- Lighter weight than previous models
- Somewhat narrow in the toe area, which could restrict the natural toe splay
- May not be the best for runners who want a daily training shoe – better for speedwork and races
Best Saucony Black Running Shoe
Saucony Kinvara 9
Saucony Kinvara 9 is one of the most popular among Saucony’s running shoes for its style, comfort, and all-day performance.
This shoe is one that can conform to your foot. Saucony created it as an updated version of previous Kinvaras, giving it a lighter, less bulky upper and other features that enhance its flexibility to provide you with more natural movements throughout your runs.
One of the most notable differences between this version and its predecessors is the energy return from the EVERUN topsole. You’ll likely feel more bounce in each step, giving you superb shock absorption and less wear and tear on your feet and joints.
- One of the lightest running shoes on our list
- Breathable mesh upper keeps your feet as fresh as possible on the run
- Super-responsive shoes that recycle your energy back to your steps
- Pro-Lock system keeps the midsole supportive
- No wide widths available
- Flexible outsole has less rubber than other shoes, which affects durability
Best All Black Nike Shoe
Nike Free RN 2018
Nike Free RN 2018 has stylish color options, including its sleek all-black version.
This shoe is for the minimalist runners out there. If you want a shoe that is lightweight, flexible, with a barely-there feel, this may be the perfect option for you.
Nike Free RN is all about natural motion and comfort. The limited materials make it breathable, flexible, and adaptable to your movements. Rather than a bulky support system, this shoe will cradle to your foot to provide the stabilization you need on your runs.
The Free RN 2018 has a softer upper for a flexible fit. A wide strap around the heel provides a secure fit.
The Nike Free RN 2018 is best for shorter runs or the gym. There isn’t enough cushioning for longer runs. But it excels at shorter runs and sprinting.
- One of the lightest running shoes, excellent for those who prefer a minimalistic feel
- Lightweight midsole foam makes the shoe very responsive to your movements
- Sockliner cradles and support the foot without extra bulk
- Best for those with medium to high arches
- The minimalist design may not hold up to excessive wear and tear as well as other shoes
- May not give enough support for flat feet, low arches, or overpronators
- Some customers note that the outsole rubber is tough to keep clean
Top Adidas All Black Running Shoe
Adidas Ultra Boost
Adidas Ultra Boost is known as one of the company’s most stylish pairs of running shoes. From the outside, you notice the design, but on the inside, your foot will have ultimate flexibility partnered with safe, stabilizing motion control.
The heel has extra cushioning for comfort, but also will cradle your heel for optimal Achilles positioning. Adidas uses its Torsion System in the midsole and a flexible cage to control movement within the shoe while giving your foot the ability to move naturally as you run.
You can get the right amount of bounce from the Ultra Boost inner cushioning, midsole, and responsive outer sole. These shoes don’t skimp on traction either, thanks to the rubber outsole that can grip the road or track in various weather conditions.
- Heel cushioning provides ultimate comfort while running
- Extremely lightweight and flexible
- Primeknit upper makes the shoe breathable and has extra breathability in common sweat areas
- Responsive sole that works with your movements
- Pricier than some running shoes
- Some customers note that the shoes fit narrower than expected
- Primeknit material may not hold up to long-term wear