Top 4 Best and Favorites
Castelli Sanremo 4.0 Speed Suit
2XU Active Trisuit
||CHECK MEN’S PRICECHECK WOMEN’S PRICE|
Synergy Elite Tri Suit
Sundried Performance Tri Suit
Best Overall Triathlon Suit
1. Castelli Sanremo 4.0 Speed Suit
The Castelli Sanremo 4.0 Speed Suit is ideal for races with its skinsuit construction and jersey shorts profile. It’s tight in the shoulders but still lets you walk around and stretch without breaking a zipper.
Those who are looking for quality race shorts will be happy to see that the CastelliSanremo speed suit is designed like aerodynamic bike shorts. There’s dense foam layered for comfort on the bike.
The tri suit only has one seam, which goes up the outside of the suit. This prevents uncomfortable rubbing and chafing.
The dimpled leg fabric is tight but completely supportive, with grippers that spread compression over your muscles.
Those looking for a triathlon suit that fits as closely as possible for airflow dynamics and support should consider the CastelliSanremo 4.0 Speed Suit as the top choice in triathlon suits for 2020. It’s pricey but worth the money for a quality suit.
- The suit is tight-fitting but still allows room to move and stretch
- The surface is gripped, allowing compression to be dispersed over large muscle areas
- Different density foam padding for cycling
- Jersey shorts design combines the benefits of riding shorts with a great triathlon suit
- Wrinkle-free and form-fitting fabric
- Be careful sizing as getting the right fit can be tricky
Best Triathlon Suit for Beginners
2. 2XU Active Tri Suit
The 2XU Active Tri Suit comes in fitted versions for both men and women. They’re made with full-body compression to improve circulation, performance, and aid in muscle support.
The fabric in this tri suit provides excellent moisture-wicking and breathability plus UV protection. Built-in ventilation panels help keep you from overheating while riding and running. The same fabric releases water and wicks moisture during and after a swim.
It has rear pockets for convenience and a great zip guard that guarantees little to no irritation. The leg grippers are a matter of taste in terms of how effective they are for stability since they contain no silicon pads. However, they ensure comfort on long rides, making this a great suit for beginners.
- Moisture-wicking design
- Provides low-grade muscle compression and UV sun protection
- It’s fitted for both men and women and comes in various colors
- The silicone-less grips in the legs are not as plush as some other brands, though still comfortable
Best Men’s Sleeveless Triathlon Suit
3. Synergy Triathlon Men’s Tri Suit
Synergy’s tri suit for men is made of anti-microbial fleece that’s comfortable and helps reduce odor. It’s built for support and comfort with NeoGel pads that line the flatlock stitching of the suit. It has 2 mesh pockets in the rear to give you a little more functionality.
The suit shines in the leg grippers, which keep your hips comfortable with muscle compression and your legs stable during your ride. The compression material throughout gives you improved performance with no chaffing.
Those who like options will be pleased with the color varieties and designs that Synergy’s triathlon men’s tri suit is available in, which makes it our overall choice for sleeveless triathlon suits.
- NeoGel pads give you comfort throughout
- Semi-compression material stretches around muscles
- Leg grippers keep shorts in place
- Numerous color options
- A lack of a zipper guard has reportedly caused some chaffing
Best Men’s Triathlon Suit With Sleeves
4. Zoot LTD Tri Aero Full Zip Race suit
This race suit is built for essential moisture management and durability, and even includes 50 UPF UV protection. The Zoot LTD Tri Aero Full Zip Race suit is woven with chamois pads to prevent chafing and keep you comfortable.
Like all aerodynamic suits, the Zoot LTD hugs close to your skin. Be aware that this close-fitting suit may need to be bought a size up.
The zipper promotes air flow and locks, making it more comfortable and ventilated to prevent chaffing.
The aero-cut sleeves are made of textured, breathable fabric that compresses around your biceps with Italian gripper textures. This makes the Zoot LTD Tri Aero Full Zip Race suit our pick for the best tri suit on the market with sleeves.
- Italian primo fabric that promotes moisture-wicking and durability
- 50 UPF
- Chamois pads prevent chaffing even in close-fitting sizes
- The gripped sleeves make it perfect for those that prefer compression in sleeved tri suits
- While this suit reviews great for short-distance runners, some have complained of chaffing after long training sessions
Best Men’s Triathlon Suit Top
5. Zoot Core Tri Tank
This is another sleeveless triathlon suit, but only the shirt top. Zoot made our pick for the best sleeved suit and the Zoot Core Tri Tank is a similarly well-reviewed product with the same enhanced UPF coverage of 50+ UV protection.
The Zoot Core Tri Tank is race fitting with compression fabric that maximizes your muscles’ performance and gives you the aerodynamic benefits of a tri suit in a more affordable tank top. The cam-lock zipper promotes venting, built with a soft finish to prevent the zipper from chaffing.
The fabric is anti-friction, stretching comfortably and preventing chaffing while wicking moisture and breathing through mesh panels for maximum ventilation. It’s our pick for the best men’s triathlon suit top because of this durability and comfort.
- This top has enhanced ventilation and comfort due to mesh panels and anti-friction fabric
- 50+ UV ray protection
- Aerodynamic, durable, and affordable compared to full tri suits
- Some users have noted that it fits very tight and recommend buying a size up; otherwise, it may be hard to take off
Best Men’s Tri Shorts
6. SLS3 FRT Triathlon Shorts 2.0
SLS3 FRT Triathlon Shorts 2.0 are our pick for the best shorts-only triathlon suit purchase you can make. Obviously, they won’t cost as much as a full tri suit, but the real question is whether these triathlon shorts support your muscles and keep you comfortable over long training sessions and reviews support the fact that they do.
Their flatlock seams protect you from discomfort and chafing and their moisture-wicking fabric helps you recover from swimming and protect yourself from sweat. These shorts also have improved waistbands and pockets, which further helps prevent chaffing while giving you space for energy bars or muscle recovery topical creams if you want them.
The foam-cushion padding supports you in running and biking and will never ride up. If you’re looking for triathlon shorts only, the SLS3 FRT Triathlon Shorts 2.0 are our top choice.
- Foam padding helps keep you comfortable
- Refined drawstring waistband and professional pockets are there for convenience
- Flatlock seams help prevent chaffing
- In order to take advantage of the seamless fabric, which prevents the shorts from riding up, you have to carefully size the shorts based on your leg muscles
Best Women’s Sleeveless Triathlon Suit
7. Sundried Performance Tri Suit
This sleeveless tri suit for women is fitted skin-tight and designed to promote free movement. It is made to dry quickly after swimming. It breathes comfortably and is our pick for the best sleeveless tri suits for women.
The Sundried Performance Tri suit has been used by triathletes around the world for its hypoallergenic material and leg grips that help you run without chafing, irritation, or riding up in the seat.
Sundried products are also known for their great customer service.
- This close-fitting women’s tri suit is moisture-wicking and comfortable
- The material is well-ventilated and fitted for performance
- The design prevents chafing even on a long run
- The zipper has been reported to be of lower than average quality in terms of sticking and occasional irritation
Best Women’s Tri Suit with Sleeves
8. ROKA Gen II Elite Aero Short Sleeve Tri Suit
The ROKA Gen II Elite Aero Short Sleeve Tri Suit has aerodynamic sleeves with minimal exposed seams, giving you the tapered edges that promote efficient movement and comfort. This is why the ROKA tri suit is our pick for the best triathlon suit for women with sleeves.
The mesh fabric promotes thermoregulation, which means that it will keep your body at a stable temperature with proper ventilation and moisture-wicking. Its stretchy elastic fabric padded with foam conforms to your body, laser cut for even more aerodynamic motion.
- Mesh panel construction promotes aerodynamic, unrestricted movement that prevents bunching
- Minimal seams help with comfort on long rides
- Pockets are secure and convenient for your nutritional needs on the go
- Laser-cut silicone print increases the tightness in the seamless design
- Wearing long sleeves during a triathlon that involves swimming is not preferable for all athletes
Best Women’s Triathlon Suit Top
9. Zoot Core Tri Tank
This race fit tri tank for women is another suit top by Zoot and our pick for the best top for women. It’s sleeveless and form-fitting with three pockets sewn into the back so you can easily reach your nutrition bars or muscle recovery gel. It has 50+ UPF of sunlight protection as well.
The tips are fitted and offer compression, meaning it boosts muscle performance and blood flow. But the tight fit means you may need to size up. Those irritated by tri-suit zippers will appreciate this cam-lock zipper, which is well-ventilated.
Seamlink stitches help you move with Zoot’s premier Italian performance fabric. For a breathable, sleeveless tri tank top for women, this is the top choice.
- Durable, form-fitting suit top is well-ventilated
- Seamless stitching promotes comfort
- 3 sewn-in pockets add convenience
- UPF 50+ sunlight protection
- The back pockets, while easily accessible, are too small
Best Women’s Tri Shorts
10. Zoot LTD Tri Shorts
These 6-inch tri shorts, another women’s triathlon option from Italian manufacturer Zoot, offer comfort, durability, and protection. The chamois pad construction helps with chafing and with fitting to your skin. The drawcord improves the fit on your waist.
The race fit material improves aerodynamic movement and the seamlink stitch construction ensures that the shorts hug your skin, stretch comfortably, and minimize chafing even more.
Italian gripper fabric helps keep your legs compressed, which improves muscle performance.
- Optimal compression fabric increases blood flow and encourages efficient muscle performance
- Chamois pads improve comfort, reduce chafing, and hug your skin
- UPF 50+ sunlight protection
- Convenient hip pockets on both sides
- Many users feel they run small, suggesting that a size up may be a wiser purchase
Why wear a tri suit?
Tri suits are designed to be a single clothing choice for all three phases of a triathlon, including running, swimming, and biking. They are ideal for sun protection, moisture-wicking, and form-fitting comfort in all three areas.
When should I wear a single-piece tri suit vs a two-piece tri suit?
Price is a huge factor in deciding which suit to purchase but as far as performance is concerned, single-piece tri suits are ideal for those that plan on practicing all three triathlon phases, including swimming. Just the tank top or the shorts can be purchased for less money and may suffice when your focus is running or biking.
How should a tri suit fit?
A tri suit should fit snugly. They’re designed to be form-fitting. However, the skin-tight fabric may make buying a size up necessary, particularly for those who have never worn one. The tightness promotes muscle compression so it becomes necessary for those that want to maximize their performance.
Can I swim in a tri suit?
Tri suits are designed with mesh panels to ventilate your skin and wick moisture. This applies to prevent chafing while running and for drying after a swim. They are ideal for all phases of a triathlon, including swimming.
Do elite triathletes wear a tri suit for the swim?
Elite triathletes wear single piece tri suits while practicing all phases of a triathlon, both for their comfort while biking, as well as for their mesh ventilation panels, which promotes moisture removal after swimming.