Saucony is one of the leaders of high-performing running shoes that can meet a variety of runners’ needs. With several lines of running shoes to choose from, it can be difficult to narrow your options to the perfect pair.
Good running shoes should offer support, good cushioning, and be comfortable on your feet. Long-distance runners especially need a shoe with excellent comfort and durability to keep up with high mileage runs.
They have also been leading the way in running shoe technology with their FORMFIT system and PWRRUN midsole foam. FORMFIT is their upper design that provides a comfortable and customizable fit.
PWRRUN is their follow-up to EVERUN foam, which is similar to Adidas’ Boost foam and Brooks’ DNA AMP foam. PWRRUN offers the cushioning and energy return of EVERUN, but at a big weight reduction, resulting in an overall lighter shoe.
Saucony offers several running shoe models that can potentially be the perfect fit for your next run.
Our guide reviews ten of the most popular Saucony running shoes based on customer reviews, design, and comfort that can improve your runs. Your personal preference will depend on your foot shape, comfort needs, and where and how far you run.
Top 3 Best and Favorites
Saucony Freedom ISO 2
||CHECK MEN’S PRICECHECK WOMEN’S PRICE|
Saucony Guide 14
||CHECK MEN’S PRICECHECK WOMEN’S PRICE|
Saucony Triumph 19
||CHECK MEN’S PRICECHECK WOMEN’S PRICE|
Best Neutral Trainer
1. Saucony Freedom ISO 2
The Saucony Freedom ISO 2 is the company’s first running shoe with full-length EVERUN midsole. EVERUN foam provides cushioning throughout the foot and evenly distributed shock absorption. It’s bouncier than traditional EVA foam and provides more energy back from every step.
This shoe also offers one of Saucony’s sleekest designs with several color options. From neutral to brightly-colored, you’ll likely find a look you love in Men’s or Women’s styles.
The outsole construction of this shoe is one of Saucony’s most durable, despite its light weight and thin feel. The shoe conforms to your foot, which helps it feel comfortable longer.
- Rubberized sole for excellent traction on road surfaces
- Wide-ish toe box.
- 4mm cushion offset gives a natural feel as you move through the shoe
- Lightweight and flexible design
- Fast and zippy feel, best for neutral runners with good form
- Fit runs a bit narrower than some runners expect
- Can feel too bouncy for heavy heel-strikers
- Some customers note that the ankle area doesn’t feel quite snug enough for ample stability
- Runners need good form to run in these efficiently
The Most Cushioned Saucony Running Shoe
2. Saucony Triumph 19
The Saucony Triumph 19 is Saucony’s soft, most cushioned running shoe. It stands out from its predecessors in a few ways.
First, Saucony updated this version to provide more flex for comfort and responsiveness while still leaving its supportive construction intact. Saucony has abandoned their ISO Fit technology for a new system they call FORMFIT. While the upper is a more traditional lacing system, it provides a more customizable fit.
The Triumph 19 is also one of the best shoes for a responsive bounce. You’ll likely have a more comfortable takeoff and move with more comfort throughout your run than with other shoes. PWRRUN technology in the midsole provides great cushioning and springiness, all in a lightweight design.
This makes the shoe much lighter than prior versions while still keeping its soft cushioning.
- FORMFIT upper for customized fit
- PWRRUN midsole for cushioning and weight reduction
- Soft, plush ride
- Lightweight compared to prior Triumphs but still fairly heavy
Best Overall Saucony Running Shoe
3. Saucony Ride 15
The Saucony Ride 15 is one of the best running shoes from Saucony. It works well for long runs, races, and speed work. If you haven’t yet found a shoe that doesn’t leave you feeling sore and fatigued after running long distances, this model might be for you.
The Ride 15 has two big features that are part of Saucony’s signature running shoe.
First, FORMFIT in the upper provides a secure, but comfortable fit. Second, the Ride has a PWRRUN layer in the midsole. This unique foam provides extra cushioning without disturbing the responsiveness of the shoes. It provides a comfortable and customized fit not found on any other running shoe.
The Ride 15 also has excellent cushioning while still offering a responsive and snappy ride. It’s best for runners with a neutral stride and medium to high arches. It works well as an everyday trainer or long-distance race shoe.
- Responsive road feel with good cushioning
- Good option for people with medium arches who need neutral support
- FORMFIT technology for a comfortable upper
- Traction may not be suitable for running in slick conditions
- Very firm design that may not provide enough flex for some runners
Top Saucony Running Shoe for Flat Feet
4. Saucony Hurricane 22
The Saucony Hurricane 22 line is one of Saucony’s most popular, targeting high-level energy return combined with excellent comfort and tons of support. The Saucony Hurricane 22 is no exception, offering a plush, supportive ride for runners who overpronate.
One of the improvements is in its shock-absorbing abilities, thanks to an improved midsole from EVERUN technology. EVERUN helps disperse shock efficiently so that every move you take helps you on your return with a bit of added bounce.
This model also is a bit lighter and more breathable than the other versions and gives you some more flexibility for a comfortable, secure, and stable run.
- Layer of compounded foam cushioning around the foot for ultimate comfort
- Adaptive fit hugs the foot comfortably, rather than constricting your foot’s movements
- Virtually effortless bounce from responsive technology
- Excellent arch support to prevent foot and joint pain
- Sock liner may not be breathable enough for hot conditions or long-term wear
- Fit may not be consistent throughout the upper once laced
- Some runners find that the heel width allows too much movement
Best Saucony Shoe for Inserts and Orthotics
5. Saucony Echelon 8
Saucony Echelon is a line that works well for runners and walkers who want a supportive, cushioned shoe. The Echelon 8 brings more cushioned and roomier fit than previous models with a midsole of PWRRUN foam for added cushioning.
This shoe has some extra space in it for people with wide feet or who need to wear orthotic soles in their shoes. However, because of the plush sockliner, you’ll still have a conforming fit that keeps your feet and ankles stable during your ride.
The Echelon 8’s external heel support gently cradles the heel to keep it in the ideal position and reduce movement and rolling, making these shoes a good fit for overpronators and runners who suffer from pain associated with plantar fasciitis.
- Breathable mesh covers the upper portion of the shoe for enhanced airflow
- Soft rubber outsole gives extra cushion and provides excellent shock absorption
- Dense rubber in strategic places lends itself to superior durability
- High volume shoe fits an orthotic very well
- Only a few color options
- May be a bit too wide for people with narrow feet
Top Saucony Running Shoe for Mild Overpronators
6. Saucony Guide 14
The Saucony Guide 14 is one of Saucony’s best-selling running shoes. It provides a stable ride with enough cushioning and support to prevent injury and pain. You’ll likely notice the excellent stability in this shoe in every area, from the supporting midsole to the cradling heel.
One of the most notable features about this shoe is its FLEXFILM material used throughout the shoe and then attached to the upper, giving it a robust support system without overloading it with extra material and making it bulky.
Saucony also updated the upper of this shoe over previous Guides, giving it replacing their ISO lacing system with more traditional laces. Instead FORMFIT is a new type of customization in Saucony’s shoes, giving it a sock-like fit.
- Constructed with an inner booty design to help the shoe fit snugly against your foot
- Limited layer construction for the most flexibility
- 8mm offset cushioning that can give you balance and stability with every move
- Fits true-to-size
- Responsive sole that redistributes energy in every step
- Few color options
- Not a great option for severe overpronators or runners with extremely flat feet
The Best Saucony Trainer for Speed Work
7. Saucony Kinvara 12
The Saucony Kinvara 12 is one of Saucony’s most beloved running shoes. The latest model enhances the Kinvara line with a new, simple upper. This lightweight upper is breathable, flexes nicely, and contours to your feet.
The Kinvara 12 has a smooth, comfortable ride that utilizes PWRRUN midsole technology, which adapts to your foot shape and movements. The responsive design lets your feet do everything you want them to as you run. They are extremely lightweight making them ideal for short races or speed work.
You’ll also get more natural movement with the 4mm offset from heel-to-toe. The slight raised heel provides just enough lift for heel strikers while still allowing runners who land on their midfoot to run with proper form.
- Several color options, from neutral to bright
- Excellent energy recycling that gives some extra bounce to each step
- Breathable mesh throughout the shoe
- Lack of rubber on outsole means the shoes aren’t durable
Best Saucony Trail Shoe
8. Saucony Peregrine ISO
Dirt and trail running is no match for the Saucony Peregrine ISO, one of the toughest running shoes the company makes to meet the needs of adventurous runners.
Not only does this shoe provide supreme traction on various surfaces with PWRTRAC outsole construction, but it also has Saucony’s RunAnyWhere design, making it one of the most rugged running shoes from the company.
Saucony adds beneficial features for trail runners, like a rubber toe tip to prevent injury from objects on the trail and RUNDRY collar lining that dries moisture quickly to prevent it from seeping inside the shoe.
New in this version is ISO lacing. This allows for a customized fit that cradles the fit. Some may find it too loose for trail, but it is comfortable. Also new for the first time is a wide version of the Peregrine.
You’ll also get some excellent support from these shoes that can lead to extra stability on uneven surfaces. A cradling heel keeps your foot in the best position for comfort safety, while the external skeleton design form-fits the foot for a snug-fitting frame.
- RunAnyWhere Technology gives the Peregrine ISO excellent traction, even in wet conditions
- Natural-feeling movement from the 4mm offset and EVERUN topsole
- May keep your feet drier than other running shoes
- Rubber toe tip to keep toes safe on various surfaces
- Available in wide
- Bold design could be a turnoff for some
- May run a bit small
Best Saucony Motion Control Running Shoe
9. Saucony Redeemer ISO 2
If you have a problem with overpronation or pain from flat feet, the Saucony Redeemer ISO 2 may be your best option for Saucony running shoes.
This shoe offers superb cushioning throughout the underfoot to absorb the impact of your run and give your heel, arch, and toe area much-needed support to prevent pain and injury.
This is also one of the most flexible shoes you’ll find for its incredible amount of support, which can often leave shoes feeling stiff and unresponsive. Thanks to the ISOFIT and TRI-FLEX technology, the shoe moves with your foot for a more natural takeoff and ride.
- Provides a surprising amount of flexibility despite its high level of stability
- Offers excellent motion control to help support the feet and ankles of overpronators
- Fairly lightweight for a motion-control shoe
- ISOFIT technology helps the shoe adapt to the shape of your foot
- Thick platform absorbs shock and distributes it through the foot to alleviate pain from pressure points
- May not meet the needs of people who have normal to high arches
- Only one color option and width
- Some runners say that this shoe doesn’t provide quite enough support in the heel to reduce slipping
Top Saucony Racing Flat
10. Saucony Endorphin Racer 2
Saucony’s Endorphin Racer 2 is, perhaps, the running shoe with the sleekest style. At first glance, this model looks nothing like the others, with its streamlined, flatter style and smooth lines.
But, you’ll probably find that its performance is virtually unmatchable for a track and field shoe. The Endorphin Racer 2 is one of the lightest running shoes around, but its design managers to give it incredible levels of energy return, comfort, and traction.
The Endorphin Racer 2 also benefits from a PWRTRAC sole, which reduces abrasion on the track and road and grips the surface.
- Less material and bulkiness for a shoe that meets the needs of minimalist runners
- Design conforms to the foot to provide a snug fit and natural stability
- Soft tongue gives enough comfort to the top of the foot without adding extra weight to the shoe
- Minimal design may not lend to long-lasting durability
- Stiff shoe bottom may not have enough cushion for some
- Very narrow toe box compared to other Saucony running shoes