What are the biggest factors that distinguish one GPS watch from another?
Mainly, these are software features, i.e. the things your watch can do with the GPS data it collects. We’ll also discuss hardware features such as battery life, compatible accessories, and built-in non-GPS sensors like barometers and accelerometers.
This section of the guide is broken down into these categories:
- Hardware: physical attributes of GPS watches
- Data Fields: the various types of information GPS watches can track and display
- Maps & History: navigation tools and memory size
- Alerts & General Features: how the watch communicates with you
- Training Aids: watch functions that enhance your workouts
- Syncing: how GPS watches download to your computer or sync with other equipment
- Accessories: accessories compatible with GPS watches
- Other Functions: standard watch features available on GPS watches